Monday, October 8, 2012

It's Starting to Hit Me

Although I am very excited to start my journey, I can't help but begin to think of the things I will be missing in the coming years while I am away from the states. I will definitely be missing weekly sushi, and most of all random epic restaurants. I will miss grilling, and definitely driving my very powerful yet eco friendly Prius. I will miss driving with my knees in EV mode blasting folk-indie songs under 25mph. I will miss free monthly Godiva, being down for whatever, and random ways to waste/spend money. I will miss lots of bojangling and excessive inapropriate jokes and actions. Most of all, I will miss the people I have done all these things with. And in honor of the people I will be missing, I wanted to share their pre-departure thoughts with me that have surfaced through loving text and Facebook messages:

  • I think that fortune teller was wrong...gonna get yourself hitched in Lesotho!
  • Stay Safe in Africa! Do good.
  • Good luck being African. And making a difference in the world. And powering things with your solar powered backpack. You can be solar man for halloween.
  • I thought you had left already. Party!
  • Maybe I'll get you an inflatable Indian girl. Therefore you will never feel alone or...Lonely...
  • Avatar is def inspiration
  • Don't get arrested, deported, or make any enemies :P
  • I miss you so much it hurts
  • I miss our mini adventures and I am soooo nervous!!
  • Africa will be an experience...A lot of bucket showers and food poisoning haha
  • If you get bit by a snake do not cut or suck the wound, do not elevate the wound, keep it below ur heart.
  • Use your allergen to latex as your AIDS prevention talking point.
  • Get one for Africa so we can see u from fucking space
  • The answer to all of ur questions should be...I'm going to Africa in a week.
  • Poor David, now he is gonna get the full force of nagging and complaining, we are gonna drive him crazy while you're gone. :)
  • Be safe and have fun man, love you no homo.
  • Who knows when you'll decide to return from Mother Africa.
  • I had to leave quickly cuz i wouldve cried hehe.
  • I am most fucking definitely comin to your going away party. 
  • By the time you get back the world might be running on some sort of alternative fuel source...but prolly not...
  • No sex with the locals.
  • Just do some crunches while in Africa. There's always the floor lololol
  • I won't b a tease on our last night (that sounds reallllly gay) lol
  • Look at pic 105 from last night. That is my goodbye.

Pic 105

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement and I hope to talk to you all soon! Just one full day at home left!

1 comment:

  1. Gonna be the loser that posts first but you are a great friend bud. Even though you and I have our differences (I, the one who was always in touch with emotion.... screw you and you, the one who was blunt as a bat hitting a grand slam.... sports analogy... forget about it), I am proud to say that you gave me a new perspective on life. Be safe bud. Two years is way too long to go without pillow talk

    ReplyDelete